Baking soda is an inexpensive ingredient most of us have in our kitchen. You will be surprised to know that it is not only useful for cooking, but also for your health and beauty rituals. Those who want an alternative to all the products available on the market, the natural component of baking soda can be a great help.
Why baking soda?
Baking soda is a good home remedy for those who have hair and skin problems. It is important not to use it excessively. Anything overused can cause irritations.
Baking soda has only good components and it is full of benefits: it is antifungal, antiseptic, it has antibacterial properties, anti-inflammatory substances and it is an alkaline substance.
How to use baking soda for your hair and skin ritual:
- Hair cleaning product: mix a spoon of baking soda with your shampoo of choice and apply it on wet hair. Let the composition stay for 10 minutes and then rinse once more wit shampoo. Apply conditioner as usual.
- Hands softener: mix water and baking soda until obtaining a paste. Apply the paste on your hand and remove all dead skin cells. Wash it and apply a lotion.
- Skins exfoliate: mix one part water and three of baking soda. Apply this mixture on your skin for a while. Rinse it with water and apply skin moisture.
- Teeth whitener: mix baking soda, water and a pinch of salt. Use the mix as toothpaste. It can also be used for gargling and eliminating bad health.
- Odor neutralizer:
Place baking soda in any place of your house. It can also be used instead of deodorant by mixing it with water until creating a paste.
- Acne remover: mix lemon and baking soda. Apply the mix to your face and make sure to do so at night.