The winter season is here and with it comes shorter days and cooler temperatures. While you may be dreading the cold weather and the heating bills, there is one thing to look forward to: fabulous hair! With the right products and care, your hair can look healthy, shiny and strong all winter long.
The colder months are harder on your hair. The temperature drops, humidity levels rise, hands get dry and static electricity causes frizz. To protect your hair from winter’s elements follow these tips:
1. Use a lightweight heat protectant spray before applying heat styling tools such as blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons to prevent frizziness and split ends.
2. Frequently use a nourishing hair oil or leave-in conditioner for extra shine. This will also help combat static electricity.
3. Use a humidifier in your bedroom to keep the air moist at night so you wake up with less static electricity in your hair.
4. Invest in a good pair of winter gloves to avoid drying out your hands in cold weather which can wreak havoc on your locks if you do not moisturize them frequently enough.
5. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Doing this will help seal in moisture, and it will also give your hair a little extra shine, which can make it look healthier.
6. If you’re going out in the cold, try wearing a hat or scarf. This will prevent your hair from being exposed to too much cold air at one time, which could cause it to dry out faster than normal. In addition, protecting your hair from the wind is another way of preventing it from drying out too quickly.
7. Try to avoid using heated styling tools on your hair since they are very drying and cause more split ends than other products do. Instead, try to use cool air settings on blow dryers and flat irons, which will help keep your hair from drying out even further and causing any more damage than it already has.