WhatsApp has launched the mobile messaging application with features dedicated to small and medium businesses (SME), the WhatsApp Business. Unfortunately, for now, it is available in only a few countries, according to the announcement issued recently by Facebook, the WhatsApp’s owner since 2014.
The WhatsApp Business app is available for Android OS and is currently available for free download from Google Play Store in countries such as Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
“The application will be launched worldwide in the coming weeks. This is just the beginning!” promises Facebook’s representatives.
According to the cited source, the new application will give small businesses the opportunity to get in touch with different customers much easier and will give individual users of WhatsApp the opportunity to easily identify the companies they are interested in.
More specifically, entrepreneurs will be able to use the following features, according to WhatsApp release note:
- Business Profile – Provides customers with useful information such as company description, email address, store location, and web page.
- Means of communication / Messaging –
- Quick answers help to increase response time and provide answers to frequently asked questions
- Greeting messages provide customers with company description
- Offline messages that tell if the company is available or not.
- Message Stats – The ability to analyze simple data, such as the number of messages sent to see what is useful.
- WhatsApp Web – Sends and receives WhatsApp Business Messages from the desktop.
- Account Type – People will be informed that they have a conversation with a business because this will be obvious by tagging your account as a business. Over time, some businesses will have accounts confirmed once it is confirmed that the phone number is the same as the phone number listed for that business.
And that’s not all. Also, WhatsApp 2.18.2 for iOS has been launched and added support for the newly launched Apple’s CarPlay.