Nation Nutrition Week is taking place in the first seven days of September, aiming to convince people to improve their diet. Along with exercises, a healthy, balanced diet is essential in order to be fit and enjoy a happy life. Below you can find a few tips that will help you improve your life quality and feel better every day.
- Start by avoiding these the following 5 foods
- Protein bars. Advertised by many gyms as an alternative to breakfast or lunch, protein bars are often not as good as they seem to be. Heavily processed, stuffed with sweeteners and often not very tasty, they end up fooling your body, which takes revenge by converting it into fat.
- Instant soup. Easy to make, they are rich in both salt and saturated ft. Yes making soup takes a while, but the real thing has a better taste and it keeps you sated for a longer time.
- Brown bread. While it is advertised as being better than brown bread, it often contains sugar in order to make it taste better, and it is often as processed as the white one.
- Fruit juice. If you make it at home from fresh fruits, or buy it freshly made on the spot it’s great. Avoid commercially available one, as they often contain little actual fruit juice or vitamins.
- Tasty, but filled with sugar and processed creams. Avoid by all means since they have little nutritional value.
- A little sport every day
You do not need to become a marathon runner in order to be healthier. From going on a walk for half an hour, dancing in your room, following a simple online routine and much more, you have a variety of choices.
- Anything is good with a measure
It is not always easy to eat a salad when your friends eat burgers. With a balanced diet you can eat almost anything you want if you keep an eye on the quantity.
- Stay focused
It is important to keep up the good work. You may take a pause once in a while but do not slack too much.
- Keep it comfortable
All of the above are important, but the key is to be happy while you do it, and make adjustments if you are not. If you do it out of obligation you will certainly lose your motivation in the long run.
If you can do at least half of them, you are already close to a better life. Enjoy!