Since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill the popularity of CBD has taken over the natural supplements marketplace. More and more people every day are turning to this natural compound for various reasons varying from helping keep a calm demeanor throughout the day to helping users get a good night’s rest. Whatever it may help there is no denying that CBD is here to stay and it has its place in our society in one form or another. In this article we will walk you through the five most important things to look for when purchasing CBD online.
What Is CBD?
To be able to shop in the marketplace you first must understand what CBD is and how it works. CBD is the abbreviation for Cannabidiol and is one of over 100 different cannabinoids that can be found in the cannabis plant family. Although hemp does fall under the cannabis plant family it has some very different attributes when compared to THC. The most unique attribute being that CBD will not get users “high” and has little to no THC. This means that users can experience the medicinal benefits associated with the cannabis plant family without any unwanted side effects.
Humans are naturally born with an endocannabinoid system which has CB1 and CB2 receptors spread throughout the human body. These receptors are able to absorb CBD when consumed and help bring your body back to balance.
Top 5 Things to Look for In The CBD Industry
- Source of the Hemp – The first question you should ask yourself is where is the hemp grown and extracted. We always urge customers to use products that are derived from hemp grown and extracted here in the USA. Some companies in the industry source overseas where growing restrictions are relaxed and the soil is oftentimes contaminated with heavy metals and harsh pesticides. These harmful substances do not belong in your CBD products.
- Traceability – You want to make sure the products you are planning to consume have full traceability from seed to sale. This ensures that “what is on the label is what is in the bottle.
- Third Party Laboratory Tested – All CBD products should be third party laboratory tested for both potency and purity to ensure you are receiving safe and effective products.
- CBD Education – Knowledge is power. You want to make sure you educated yourself as much as possible prior to making any purchase. CBD products are not cheap, so it is in your benefit to do research. Also looking for companies who take pride in educating consumers is always a plus.
- Transparency – Transparency is a must in the CBD industry, as this industry is relatively unregulated and consumers must trust the brands they use.
One company that checks off all of these important attributes is GoGreen Hemp. GoGreen Hemp has been serving customers since 2016, making them on of the oldest CBD only companies in the industry. All of their products are third party lab tested and use USA-Grown hemp to ensure safe and potent products.
We hope this article has been beneficial in your search for the right CBD product!