We can all agree that diets are our worst, biggest nightmares. For the sake of shedding a couple of pounds down, we go on magic drinks-only fasts that promise to get us rid of all the extra pounds and keep them off, eat just a handful of foods until we feel sick just by thinking of them or take magic pills that end up doing more harm than anything. But what if we told you that there is answer to losing weight for good? There is a solution that doesn’t involve frustration and can turn into a lifestyle rather than a fade diet, it is called Paleo Diet.
Paleo diet simple means you are eating in a more similar way to our Palaeolithic ancestors, hence the name. The food categories included in this diet will help you convert it all into energy rather than storing it as fat in all the wrong places.
Here is a list of 5 benefits of the Paleo diet and why you should go on it as of now:
- Healthy brain and cells – Did you know that every cell in our body is made of both saturated and unsaturated fats? No wonder their health depends on our daily saturated/unsaturated fat intake. Paleo diet is perfect from this point of view as unlike other diets that completely cut out one category of fat, it gives you the perfect balance between the two. Paleo also encourages you to eat unlimited portions of fish and it is now common knowledge that fish is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 contains a docosahexanoic acid (DHA) that helps reducing stress levels, nourishes the brain and is also good for the heart and eyes. It just doesn’t get any better.
- Vitamins and Minerals – Paleo encourages you to eat a rainbow every day. A vegetable rainbow, of course, as their color indicates the presence of certain nutrients. Eat small quantities of various vegetables rather than big portions of one or two as variety will provide you with all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Less Fat, More Muscle – Paleo diet encourages the high protein intake that comes from lean meat and fish. This is very important as it is proteins that are responsible for building muscle mass or new cells. It’s pretty straightforward: muscles require energy to move so the more muscle you have the better your metabolism will work. Eating “Paleo” encourages through its high protein intake for energy to be sent to muscles rather than fat cells.
- Improved digestion and Absorption – As previously mentioned, eating “Paleo” means eating more like our ancestors. These digestion capabilities have been developed for thousands of years, which means you are only eating foods that your body can easily digest.
- Reduces the risk of disease – You are eating only what a caveman would so how could you possibly end up with let’s say high cholesterol? It’s very simple, by eating whole foods and staying away from all the harmful, processed foods you are significantly reducing the risks of disease.
The list could go on and on but why waste any more time and just not give it a go yourself? There is a wide range of foods you are ‘allowed’ to consume so there won’t be any starvation or frustration in the process, nor will you end up with deficiencies. You’ve got nothing to lose, except maybe for few pounds.
Made by her.