Flesh-Eating Bacteria Made Another Victim In Florida

Flesh-Eating Bacteria Made Another Victim In Florida

A woman has tragically died due to a strange medical case. She contracted a flesh-eating bacteria that causes tissue decay as it basically eats away human flesh. Lynn Fleming has passed away recently after being put on life support. It took two weeks after her small cut caused the infection that killed her.

The incident happened on the west coast of Florida on Anna Maria Island as she was walking on Coquina Beach. A location she hoped would be her retirement dream come true as the woman loved to enjoy the beach and the ocean.

The woman died due to necrotizing fasciitis caused by flesh-eating bacteria

Fleming suffered a small accident in which she fell on the beach and got a small cut on her leg. Nobody thought much of it, not even the doctor that gave her antitetanus shot a few days later. After this, things developed fast as Fleming was discovered lying unconscious in her home. Soon after, doctors discovered the existence of symptoms leading to necrotizing fasciitis.

Surgeries were performed to reduce infection in the leg and save the woman’s life. The procedures were unsuccessful as Fleming suffered two strokes and even went into sepsis as a result of the infection.

Her son and daughter-in-law were with her during the incident and are now trying to warn others about the danger. Initial symptoms were a red, swollen leg and a fever. Her son comments: “There was a little depression that she couldn’t see because it was under the water. She fell into it, came out with a little ¾-inch cut, a bump on her leg. It was just a small cut, didn’t think much of it. We got the swelling down, but it just kept bleeding.”

Flesh-eating bacteria is spreading on Florida’s beaches

Lynn Fleming contracted the parasite days after a 12-year-old girl did in Pompano Beach, Florida. Kylie Parker was swimming in the ocean and merely scraped her toe to allow the parasite entry into her system. It is believed that she contracted the parasite through a small wound she suffered while skateboarding a few days earlier.

Doctors did the best they could to save the girl’s life and limb. After one week of hospital stay and three surgeries, she showed no sign of decaying tissue in her leg.

Asheley Rice

I am a pop culture and social media expert. Aside from writing about the latest news health, I also enjoy pop culture and Yoga. I have BA in American Cultural Studies and currently enrolled in a Mass-Media MA program. I like to spend my spring breaks volunteering overseas.

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.