Now, if you’re new to CBD and wondering what it is and what it does, you’re in the right place. Here we have compiled everything you need to know if you’re interested in learning the basics. Before we get started, if you’re wondering “is CBD even legal in my state?” then find out the states that have legalized CBD oil via the link – you’ll find that in the majority of the USA it is legally accessible.
What is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a substance that comes from the hemp plant. It has gained more popularity in recent times due to it being sold in various different forms legally (depending on your location) at an affordable price. Unlike marijuana, CBD contains a very small amount of the ‘psychoactive’ compound THC, and therefore, you won’t become ‘high’ or feel intoxicated from using it.
How to use it
Depending on the particular product you pick, there will be different recommendations of how much you take and how you do so. Be sure to read up on the subject, and tread carefully if it is novel to you to ensure you don’t intake too much in one go. Weigh up your different options to figure out what method of taking it would be best suited to you. Some of the ways you can use it are as follows:
- Oil – this can be consumed in various different ways. You can put it directly under your tongue and hold it under there for a minute or so. Or, you can consider combining it with fatty acids like oily fish or cooking oil (olive, coconut, or sesame, for example). Doing it this way will mean that it is absorbed into your bloodstream as you eat, meaning the results are fast and effective.
- Vape juice that can be added to a vape device
- Drinks / tea bags
- Oral spray
- Gummies that can be eaten just like sweets
- Beauty products such as bath bombs, creams and serums
CBD has been reported to offer a wide array of benefits to its users, which is part of the reason that it has become so popular in the past decade. Some of these include the following:
- Easing anxiety and depression
- Helping to manage pain
- Improving acne and skin quality as it acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Soothing sore muscles
- Studies suggest it can help with serious health problems people have, mentally and physically, such as arthritis, schizophrenia, epilepsy, cancer-related problems, sleep disorders, PTSD
However, with these, it all depends on how often you have CBD and also how you take it – don’t expect to experience all of the above after one usage. Every individual is different as well, so just because one person reacts a certain way to CBD doesn’t mean it’ll be the same for you.
Potential side effects
As with most things, there are also potential side effects when taking CBD that you should be aware of. If you are unsure then always read the small print and online reviews of the product you get. Generally speaking, CBD is considered safe for consumption by the World Health Organization (WHO), as they have stated it is not a public danger, recognizing its therapeutic qualities.