Healthy low-calorie snacks can help you lose weight. When you’re trying to shed pounds, it’s important to make sure that you’re eating enough calories and nutrients. Healthy snacks are an easy way to make sure that you’re getting all the nutrients you need.
A snack a day keeps the doctor away! Especially for those who have a busy schedule and need to eat on the run or between meals, healthy snacks are an easy way to keep your energy up and avoid overeating later on.
Here are some of the best low-calorie snacks:
- Trail mix: Combine nuts and dried fruit in a bowl. You can also add chocolate chips for extra flavor.
- Veggies with hummus: Try carrot sticks with peanut butter or yogurt dip instead of cheese or ranch dressing.
- Berries: Berries are high in antioxidants, which help reduce inflammation in your body and burn fat more efficiently. They contain fewer calories than many other fruits and make a great snack option when you’re trying to lose weight.
- Banana ice-cream: Blend frozen bananas with almond milk until smooth and creamy for a frozen treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the added sugar and calories of traditional ice cream treats.
- Cottage cheese: Cottage cheese is high in protein, which helps keep you full longer so you’ll eat less during the day — one serving has only 250 calories! You can also add fruit like strawberries or blueberries to give it more flavor without adding more calories or sugar to your diet.
- Popcorn is a great low-calorie snack when you’re trying to lose weight. It’s easy to make at home with just a little bit of oil, salt and popcorn kernels. Or you can buy pre-popped kernels at the grocery store.
- Applesauce is made from cooking down apples until they become very soft and mushy — removing all the crunchy bits that add calories and fat to the fruit’s natural sweetness.