Popcorn is a great snack food. Popcorn is the best choice for weight loss because of its low calories, low fat and cholesterol content, high fibre and protein content, and the fact that it churns up hunger cravings too. Popcorn is a very healthy snack and one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Here’s why popcorn is a good choice for you and your family:
- Popcorn is low in calories: Popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. So, you can eat a lot of it without worrying about gaining weight.
- To make things even better, air-popped popcorn has only 15 calories per cup while oil-popped has 40 calories per cup. This means that if you want to lose weight, you should opt for air-popped popcorn instead of oil-popped one.
- Popcorn is rich with fibre: Popcorn is a very good source of dietary fibre. In fact, it contains more fibre than any other grain which makes it particularly great for weight loss because consuming fibre helps to keep us full for longer periods of time. In fact, consuming 25 grams of dietary fibre daily has been proven to reduce appetite and speed up the metabolism.
- When consumed regularly, high-fibre foods can help people lose weight and maintain a healthy body weight. Furthermore, dietary fibre helps to prevent constipation and other gastrointestinal issues.
- As for weight loss specifically, the fibre in popcorn helps manage blood sugar levels by slowing down digestion of carbohydrates. That’s why most nutritionists recommend eating high-fibre foods like popcorn instead of sugary snacks and fast food – not only will you get the fibre you need for better health, but you’ll feel fuller and eat less as well!
However, not all popcorn is good for your health. Some brands add sugar to them which makes them even worse than they already are. So, if you want to lose weight, then you should definitely opt for plain popcorn without any additional ingredients or artificial sweetener.