Mama Nita’s Binalot is a restaurant in southeast Edmonton that has received a lot of serious criticism lately. It appears that more customers experienced E. coli poisoning after eating there. Nora Romero is one of those persons.
Romero received leftovers from a visit at the restaurant, and a few days after she ate the Turf Boodle she became sick. She experienced diarrhea and stomach aches while she was at work. Shortly, pain followed and diarrhea became bloody.
“”My first four hours I was working; I went to the washroom five times. It was more blood. The pain was unbearable. I’ve never had this experience before. It’s awful. It’s horrible. It’s painful. It’s uncomfortable, plus I lost two days of work,” declared Romero.
She tested positive for E. coli
Nora Romero was held overnight at the emergency department at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. There the doctors revealed that she has E. coli. She explained that she got it from a Flilipino restaurant, and in short time other cases appeared.
Five different persons received the E. coli bacteria from the Mama Nita’s Binalot restaurant. All the persons live in the same area and they all ate at this restaurant. It appears that there isn’t a certain dish that made them all sick, as they ate different things.
“We know that they’re close in time and that they’re close in place and that they all ate at this restaurant. Beyond that, there’s no common particular foods that they had at this restaurant. Otherwise, we don’t actually have any other linkages,” Dr. Jasmine Hasselback, medical officer of health for the Edmonton zone.
AHS decided to keep the restaurant open while they investigate, which is something that Nora Romero does not agree with.