A child’s memory, concentration, and brain functions all go through various stages of development.Your kid’s brain is highly responsible for helping him learn and acquire new skills. While brain development occurs mainly during childhood, there are certain foods that aid brain growth in adults and kids alike. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that your child gets the required nutrients from food. Start serving him brain boosting foods from infancy to improve his brain development.
Brain boosting food for kids include a variety of foods, from whole grains to lean proteins. The nutrients in these food are proven to improve kids’ concentration, memory, and alertness. Here are some foods that can help your child’s brain function:
- Milk: Milk is rich in various nutrients, of which calcium and vitamin D are two very important ones. A calcium deficiency is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies among kids, according to most experts. Calcium and vitamin D deficiency can impair memory, concentration, and brain function.
- Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of choline, a B-group vitamin that boosts brain function. Choline deficiency can affect memory, concentration, and brain function.
- Fish: Fatty fish, like salmon, mackerel, and tuna, contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help improve brain function. Insufficient intake of omega-3 fatty acids can impair memory, concentration, and brain function.
- Green vegetables: Green vegetables, like broccoli, spinach, and chard, contain vitamin K, which boosts brain function. A vitamin K deficiency can affect memory, concentration, and brain function.
- Nuts: Nuts such as walnuts, peanuts, almonds, and cashews contain lots of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, which are essential for healthy growth of the nervous system.
- Fruits: Fruits such as oranges, grapes, blueberries, and bananas are known to contain lots of antioxidants that boost brain power and memory. These fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, which are essential for the development of the brain.