Yoga is a great way to get in shape and relax at the same time. However, the practice can be intimidating for beginners. If you’re thinking about taking up yoga, it’s best to take some time to learn some basic techniques before jumping into a class.
Here are some helpful yoga tips for beginners:
- If you want a studio, choose a studio and instructor that match your personality. Some instructors will be more laid back and patient, while others will push their students harder. Choose an instructor who fits your personality so that you’re comfortable learning from them.
- Bring proper clothing and shoes. In most cases, you’ll need to wear comfortable clothes that allow free movement of your body parts during the workout session. Wear loose-fitting clothes that you don’t mind getting sweaty in. Yoga requires physical activity, so being comfortable will help you relax more easily during your practice.
- Make sure that you have a mat or towel on which to lie down during certain poses. This will help prevent slipping and sliding during your poses, which can cause injury if done incorrectly or if you’re not 100% comfortable with them yet.
- Practice before bed time and/or right after waking up if possible – this will help you sleep better at night! Also feel free to do your yoga routine during any spare time you have throughout the day – between classes, waiting for an appointment etc…
- Make sure that you’re breathing properly when doing any pose or series of poses (as mentioned above). This will help keep you from getting lightheaded and/or dizzy when doing something like handstands or headstands (which are very common
- Make sure that your body is ready for the exercise. Yoga can be hard on your body if you’re not prepared for it. Make sure that you’re well hydrated and have eaten within the last hour before starting class. You should also consider taking a warm bath or shower before class in order to increase your core temperature and loosen up your muscles.