Unfortunately, losing weight is far from being a walk in the park. You can gain weight at a much faster pace compared to how fast you can get rid of it. That’s an unwritten law of nature, and guess what? Nature doesn’t care one bit if we like it or not.
Since we often put our faith in medicine, seeking help at the doctor or pharmacy in order to get rid of those extra pounds seems reasonable. Oral semaglutide is now giving a lot of hope to those who want to lose weight. Treatment of just 50 mg of this medication taken orally has proven to be quite effective during a phase 3 clinical trial known as OASIS 1.
Treatment of semaglutide pill has led to a weight loss of 17.4%
Novo Nordisk has shared the promising results from the OASIS 1 clinical trial. Oral semaglutide or a placebo was given to the trial groups, along with a lifestyle modification program. According to the trial findings, participants using the medicine lost more weight than those taking a placebo after 68 weeks.
Martin Holst Lange, who activates at Novo Nordisk as the executive vice president of development, explained in a statement:
We are very pleased with the weight loss demonstrated by the once-daily oral formulation of semaglutide in obesity. The results show comparable weight loss as in the STEP 1 trial with injectable semaglutide 2.4 mg in obesity branded as Wegovy.
Individuals receiving 50 mg of oral semaglutide lost an average of 17.4% of their body weight after 68 weeks of treatment, compared to a 1.8% decrease seen in the placebo group, from an initial average weight of 232.4 pounds, or 105.4 kg. Additionally, compared to only 24.5% in the placebo group, nearly 90% of patients lost at least 5% of their body weight.
How can you lose weight naturally?
If you’re not a fan of medications, you can also consider the option of losing weight naturally. The downside of this latter option is, of course, the fact that you need to invest a lot more effort and work than simply ingest some pills. However, the advantage is that you can’t deal with any possible side effects while trying to lose weight naturally. Let’s check out some of the best methods:
- Opt for a balanced diet: You must include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats in your meals. This helps provide essential nutrients while you also remain satiated.
- Incorporate physical activity: Going out for a run or lifting weights from time to time will help burn calories and increases metabolism. You’ll have to aim for a combination of cardiovascular exercises, strength training, as well as activities you enjoy to stay motivated.
- Adopt a low-carbohydrate diet: Cutting back on carbohydrates, particularly refined sugars and grains, can trigger rapid initial weight loss. It’s probably the best method to use if you want to lose weight ASAP. Therefore, you must focus on lean proteins, vegetables, and healthy fats while minimizing processed foods and sugary beverages.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water can help control appetite, enhance metabolism, and even support overall health.
- Prioritize sleep: You should aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep per night. Not getting enough sleep can result in disrupted hormone levels, increase cravings, as well as hinder weight loss efforts.
- Create a calorie deficit: Consuming fewer calories than you burn is one of the ways to get plenty of weight loss. You have to focus on portion control, eat nutrient-dense foods, as well as limit high-calorie and processed foods.
In the end, you must keep in mind that sustainable weight loss is a gradual process. You have to always consult a healthcare professional or registered dietitian for personalized advice and guidance tailored to your specific needs and goals.