She Forgot A Tampon In For 9 Days, Toxic Shock Syndrome Almost Killed Her

She Forgot A Tampon In For 9 Days, Toxic Shock Syndrome Almost Killed Her
SHARE

Although women have been warned by so many campaigns and labels that have been attached to tampons, there are still cases that frighten us all. Toxic shock syndrome can be developed if a tampon is left for many hours inside the body. As frightening and gross as it may sound, a teenager almost died after forgetting that she used a tampon and letting it for 9 days.

At first, she didn’t have any symptoms and kept on using tampons that were inserted on top of the one that she forgot to remove. After her period ended she started feeling sick and noticed some bloody discharge that was making her feel bloated.

After 9 days she realized that she made a huge mistake and after pulling the tampon out she was shocked when seeing how it looked like. It was covered in blood and it turned black because of the bacteria. The teenager describes the moment as being horrible and terrifying.

After being rushed to the hospital, she started feeling even worse and fainted. Thankfully, she remembered her mistake in time and her symptoms that were caused by blood poising started fading after she started the treatment.

She slowly recovered but her story went viral for one important reason: toxic shock syndrome must be taken more seriously by women, otherwise they risk losing their lives. Tampons have to be changed and removed every 4 hours.


SHARE

Share this post

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.