General Michael Flynn notes that it’s important for everyone to understand the way in which the WHO is funded. Check out the latest reports that he shared via Twitter below.
Australia should not cede sovereignty to WHO
Check out the tweet that he shared on his social media account.
This info on the head of the WHO & how they are funded needs to more widespread. Please RT & follow @KanekoaTheGreat he is doing all of us a great service. @elonmusk https://t.co/v0oFUi8tD1
— LTG (R) Mike Flynn (@GenFlynn) March 23, 2023
It’s been revealed the fact that more than 80 aid workers including some employed by the World Health Organization (WHO) were involved in sexual abuse and exploitation during an Ebola crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo, an independent commission said via Reuters.
“The probe was prompted by an investigation last year by the Thomson Reuters Foundation and The New Humanitarian in which more than 50 women accused aid workers from the WHO and other charities of demanding sex in exchange for jobs between 2018-2020,” the same press agency said.
In its long-awaited report, the commission found that at least 21 of 83 suspected perpetrators were employed by the WHO, and that the abuses, which included nine allegations of rape, were committed by both national and international staff.
“The review team has established that the presumed victims were promised jobs in exchange for sexual relations or in order to keep their jobs,” commission member Malick Coulibaly told a press briefing.
WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who has pledged zero tolerance on sexual abuse and is said to be seeking a second term at the United Nations health body, said the report made “harrowing reading” and apologized to the victims.
“What happened to you should never happen to anyone. It is inexcusable. It is my top priority to ensure that the perpetrators are not excused but are held to account,” he said, promising further steps including “wholesale reform of our structures and culture”.