Inflammation is a natural response of the body to injury and infection, but when it goes beyond the right amount, it can cause damage to the body and even lead to certain diseases. Inflammation alters the function of different organs in the body and causes several problems that are common in most people such as weight gain, joint pain, headaches, skin disorders and more. But you can reverse inflammation with some measures. If you want to know how to reverse inflammation naturally, here’s what you need to do:
- Take control of your diet: Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants like apples, cherries, nuts, seeds and dark chocolate. You should also drink water every day. To stimulate digestion and nutrient absorption, eat smaller meals throughout the day rather than 3 large ones. Consuming excess amounts of sugar, refined carbohydrates, saturated fats from animal sources, trans fats from processed foods and dairy products such as cheese, butter and ice cream.
- Get active: Exercise for 20-30 minutes three times a week. Exercising regularly will eliminate stress from your life along with reducing your risk of chronic diseases such as obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
- Set a regular bedtime: Your body does most of its repair work at night while you’re sleeping so having a set time for sleeping allows your body to heal from any damages done during the day.
- Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day to help eliminate toxins from your body that may be causing inflammation along with help hydrate your joints if you’re suffering from arthritis or joint pain.
- Drinking tea: For instance, Chamomile tea is another effective home remedy for treating inflammation. Chamomile reduces swelling, redness and pain caused by inflammation. It also helps reduce anxiety which can be a major contributor to pain and inflammation.